The WHO has advised companies to temperature test staff daily to help prevent transmission of COVID-19 between employees
As Ireland reopens for business with the easing of some restrictions, the WHO has issued clear guidelines for a safe back to work protocol.
Employers and employees have a crucial role to play in stopping COVID-19 and reducing the impact of the
WHO’s Information Network for Epidemics (EPI-WIN) website was launched to give people access to timely, accurate, and easy-to-understand advice and information from trusted sources on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and their latest advice includes daily temperature checks of employees.
A key area of their work now focuses on how to create a COVID-safe workplace and prevent transmission of the disease between employees through the following measures:
- Implement remote work practices (tele-working)
- Social distancing measures in the workplace when on-site presence is required (at least 1 metre)
- Hold fewer in-person meetings
- Restrict the number of visitors entering the workplace
- Limit travel beyond non-essential travel
- Ensure people with symptoms or with family members with symptoms self-quarantine for 14 days
- Check the body temperature of employees daily so that employees with fever don’t come to work
- Facilitate access to reliable information for employees to promote understanding of the disease and its symptoms and the personal preventative measures (respiratory etiquette, hand washing, self-isolation if sick)
- Check and follow the advice from the authorities in the community before holding a meeting or event
FeverScreen.ie has a solution that can easily and quickly detect high temperature and fever in people before they enter a business or shop.
It takes approximately 1 second to detect the surface skin temperature and display it on the screen. A FeverScreen system helps protect staff and customers by offering a quick early detection warning of any symptoms.
Contact us today for more information call today on 1890 228843